Measurement of Industrial Emissions (stack testing) is a major activity and expertise of ALFA MEASUREMENTS. Our Official Scope of Accreditation includes sampling and measurement of the following emission parameters:
- Measurement of particulate emissions by isokinetic sampling according to EN standards (Total dust acc. to ISO 9096:2003 and ELOT EN 13284-01:2002 /
PM10 and PM 2,5 fractions acc. to VDI 2066-10:2004, ISO 9096:2003 and ELOT EN 13284-01:2002).
- Measurement of gas emissions with automated extractive analysers (O2, CO2, CO, SO2, NΟx, N2O acc. to ISO 10396:2007, ISO 12039:2001, ISO 7935:1992, ISO 10849:1996, ELOT EN 14789:2006, ELOT EN 15058:2006, ΕLΟΤ ΕΝ 14792:2005, VDI 2469-2:2005)
- Measurement of Total organic Carbon emissions (TOC acc. to ELOT EN 12619:1999 and ELOT EN 13526:2002).
- Sampling for determination of of dioxins and PCB’s (acc. to ELOT ΕΝ 1948-1:2006).
- Sampling for determination of heavy metals (As, Cd, Cr, Co, Cu, Mn, Ni, Pb, Sb, Ti and V acc. to ELOT ΕΝ 14385:2004) including Mercury (acc. to ELOT ΕΝ 13211:2001/AC: 2005).
- Sampling for determination of acid gases (ΝΗ3 acc. to NF X 43-303 and VDI 2461 / HCI acc. to ΕΛΟΤ EN 1911-1:1998 / HF acc. to ΕΛΟΤ EN 1911-1:1998).
- Measurement of gas velocity, volume flow rate and humidity of stack gas (acc. to ISO 10780:1994 and ELOT ΕΝ 14790:2005).
Stack testing applications:
> Periodic measurements according to plant environmental licence and to formal legislation requirements.
> QAL2 / AST tests of automated measuring systems according to EN 14181.
> Acceptance tests to verify compliance of combustion installations with legislation or with guaranteed / contractual emission limit values.
ALFA MEASUREMENTS own multiple sets of sampling equipment and analysers being able to parallel measure at more than one sampling locations and thus saving time and making measurement campaigns financially more competitive.
Our emission measurement services are offered to Power Generation and Incineration plants, Cement plants, Steelworks, Refineries, Chemical industry and other installations where emission monitoring is required.
For chemical analyses of samples taken, required at certain tests (dioxins, heavy metals, acid gases etc) ALFA MEASUREMENTS co-operates with accredited chemical laboratories, such as the “TÜV SÜD Environmental Laboratories” in Germany.